http://blueboots.farm/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Jul_31B.jpg 800 1200 standartwork http://blueboots.farm/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/cropped-Untitled-3.png standartwork2017-07-31 00:00:262017-07-13 00:19:09Autumn Pumpkin Cake
Autumn Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin is in season right now, it’s the time to translate the flavors of pumpkin into a moist cake. The autumn-yellow color that the pumpkin brings surely is an appealing natural color for our Spiced Pumpkin Cake! It’s an easy recipe which we’re sure you can do at home.
Half of butternut pumpkin, cut into square pieces. Save the pumpkin seeds.
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
150ml olive oil
250gr self raising wheat flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground ginger
100gr icing sugar
1/2 pcs lemon
- Mix the pumpkin with olive oil and cinnamon. Roast for 30-40 minutes in 180C until the pumpkin is caramelized. Cool down then mash it with fork.
- Whisk egg and sugar until they form a foamy texture. Mix in the vanilla bean and olive oil, then the mashed pumpkin.
- Mix in the dry ingredients: flour and spices. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Brush a loaf pan with butter. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan, put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Check your cake with a skewer, if it comes out clean, then it’s ready. Let the cake cool down on a wire rack.
- For the seeds of the pumpkin, wash them in water and let them dry on a paper towel. On an oven tray, mix the seeds with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Put them in the oven for about 10 minutes until crunchy.
- To make the glaze, mix the icing sugar with juice from lemon. Pour over the cake. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top of the cake.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!