http://blueboots.farm/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/May_26.jpg 4896 3264 bbfarm http://blueboots.farm/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/cropped-Untitled-3.png bbfarm2016-05-26 09:00:442016-08-26 03:56:215 Facts About Blueboots Farm Everyone Think Is True (But It's Not)
5 Facts About Blueboots Farm Everyone Think Is True (But It’s Not)
Some days you wondered, who are the people behind these fruit and veggie posts you see on Instagram. You then started to make your own hypothesis of who actually planted them. Is it some old farmers in a rural area? Do they use the latest technology in growing the crops? Where do they get their seeds from?
Read through to read about what people commonly think about Blueboots Farm and the truth behind it.
- Blueboots Farm is located in a remote rural area. We are actually located in Cijeruk, Bogor, 30 minutes off the city of Bogor. The same main street as Warso Durian Farm.
- Blueboots Farm is owned by an old rich man. We’re definitely not old, we are young farmpreneurs who take on the challenge of growing food sustainably, with the help of local Cijeruk farmers in the area (although they look old, they’re soul and spirit is as young as us). We are also working with fresh graduate from IPB to strengthen our knowledge on growing food.
- In order to get the best harvest we use pesticide. In order to stay to our vision, we’ve been trying to find ways to keep our farm sustainable and organic. Therefore we make our own bio-pesticide from natural ingredients found easily on the farm. Like neem, suren, papaya leaves and many other smelly or bitter plant that deter pests.
- We grow the same crops all the time. In order to reduce the number of pests and maintain a healthy soil, crops rotation is implemented. We never plant the same kind of crop after each season.
- We have strong background in agriculture. False. We studied totally different things but we are keen to learn about agriculture. Most of our knowledge and skills came from asking around, learning from local farmers and doing things hands-on. There was definitely lots of trial and error and even now we are still trying different things to achieve the best result by combining traditional and modern methods.
We hope what we do will inspire and positively impact our community. Follow Blueboots Farm’s progress as we strive towards a better future for farming!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!